Each chapter of the book has a series of resources to further explore the ideas contained in each chapter. Some resources are referred to in the book, some are completely new. There are also reports to download, and full copies of the interviews that were conducted for the book.
Part 1: Debunking the Leadership Myth
- So, What Is a Leader?
- The Impact of Leadership
- How Leading is Different from Managing
- Characteristics of a Leader
Part 2: Ten Tools to Give You the Courage to Lead
- Tool #1: Do What You Say You’ll Do
- Tool #2: The “Would I Sit on That Toilet?” Test
- Tool #3: Communicate, Communicate, Communicate
- Tool #4: Build a Great Team
- Tool #5: Learn to Embrace Conflict Within Teams
- Tool #6: Feedback – Right Place, Right Time, Right Way
- Tool #7: Learn How to Coach
- Tool #8: Motivating Your Team -“I Have a Dream”
- Tool #9: Delegate
- Tool #10: Leading Through Change
Part 3: Your Mindset
- Choosing Your Mindset
- Fear and Excuses (Otherwise Known as the Lizard Brain)
- Changing Perceptions
- Creating Your Leadership Persona
Part 4: Looking Out For You
About the book
Do What You Say You’ll Do is the essential book for new leaders or those wishing to reinvent their leadership style. It’s practical and easy to read, and full of wisdom from leadership experts and coaches.
About Tammy Tansley
Tammy works with organisations and individuals to enable great people performance. She has worked around the world with large businesses, not for profits, government and private sector organisations. She is currently the Principal of Tammy Tansley Consulting. She is a mum to two young mischiefs. She runs, she blogs, and she likes to eat good food and drink a lot of coffee.